Re: [mythsoc] Query on Lewis book

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006
      On 2/18/06, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:
      > Be aware, anyone who uses these editions, that there are letters which were in earlier Lewis letters collections removed or redated in this one, and that if you check the original letters in the Wade Collection you'll find that the transcriptions are not always accurate, sometimes when previous transcriptions are more accurate.

      David,

      Has anyone written any article(s) on this problem yet? Or is it still
      at the point that scholars are aware of the problem, but no one has
      yet to write anything? (I ask because I'd like to have that
      information at hand when reading the volumes. Having some of John
      Rateliffe's comments on Jacobs' *The Narnian* has been very helpful
      when discussing the book with friends who aren't too familiar with
      Lewis, other than a passing familiarity with Narnia and perhaps Mere
      Christianity.)

      --
      Matthew Winslow
      mwinslow@...

      Currently Reading: An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears