Re: [mythsoc] Repressed Angels and Lewis

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2006
      On Feb 13, 2006, at 7:28 PM, WendellWag@... wrote:
      > Wilson said so. He spoke at the Cheltenham Literary Festival in
      > October of
      > 1989, while I was living in England. He was mostly finished with
      > writing the
      > book at that point. He said that the publisher asked him to write
      > a Lewis
      > biography, even though he wasn't particularly interested in it.
      > The publisher
      > doubtlessly knew that books about Lewis sell quite well, which is
      > probably
      > why there are too many of them.
      >
      > Wendell Wagner

      I hadn't been aware of this; thanks for setting me straight on this
      point. I'm planning to get a copy of the revised Wilson and read it
      when I have time (there's a considerable pile of Tolkien-related
      books in the queue ahead of it), and I'll keep this in mind when
      reading it and see if I reach the same conclusions you did.
      Oh, and good post on the recent tendency to overstate the
      importance, good and bad, of Lewis's apologetics

      --John R.