Re: MFA-Children's nominees

  • Lezlie
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14, 2006
      How about this one:

      The Bake Shop Ghost

      by Jacqueline K. Ogburn, Marjorie A. Priceman (Illustrator) 2005 "Miss
      Cora Lee Merriweather ran the best bake shop in these parts-maybe even
      in the whole state..."

      This is a wonderful fantasy for children. Would love to nomiate, but I
      am not a fully committed member. <pun is in the eyes of the reader>
      Lezlie

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...> wrote:

      > Were there no good YA/children's fantasy books published in 2005? So
      > far I have received only one nomination for the 2006 award........ so
      > I guess the committee will have a very light load this year!!
      >
      > Deadline is February 15th for any Society member who would like to
      > nominate books (for any of the award categories), and this deadline
      > is firm so don't dilly-dally!!
      >
      > Ellie
      > --
      > ***********************************
      > Eleanor M. Farrell
      > Mythopoeic Awards Administrator
      > E-mail: emfarrell@...
      > P.O. Box 320486
      > San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      > MythSoc web site: http://www.mythsoc.org
      >
      > ***********************************

    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 14, 2006
        >From: David Lenander <d-lena@...>

        >And don't forget recent Oz books by MythSoc members: Sherwood Smith's
        >_The Emerald Wand of Oz_ and Edward Einhorn's _the Living House of Oz_
        >(sequel to his interesting _Paradox_).

        Even more importantly, don't forget that Ellie needs these nominations e-mailed directly to her. Discussing them on-list is fine, but it won't be nominated unless you contact Ellie directly at emfarrell@... and tell her you are nominating these particular books for this particular award (children's, adult fiction, Inkling scholarship, or general myth and fantasy studies).

        I believe the only other rules are that the nominator must be a current member of the Mythopoeic Society (but does not have to be on one of the committees) and you may nominate a maximum of five titles for each award.

        The deadline is tomorrow (Feb. 15) I believe.

        Berni