Re: Re: An, um, interesting opinion about Lewis

  • Cai Cherie
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2006
      Perhaps this shows my isolation from most of America (since I attend a liberal church in a large northeastern city) but I have assumed that this was a hoax and parody -- a funny parody too. I await with baited breath the last chapter and the full addendum on Tolkien. I do think this a joke site.

      I actually have hopes that the beauty and vitality of Narnia with all its marvellous, mythical creatures will work to Christianize some fundamentalists' awareness of the richness of other spiritual traditions. When children grow up who have danced with fawns and dryads in a living, God-centered world, wouldn't they recognize that same life and God-centeredness in the astounding, glorious nature of our world? If Jesus Christ is the Logos, then cannot the good of others traditions be enjoyed and honored through Him?

      Cai