FIVE CHILDREN AND IT

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2006
      Just noted the availability at www.BBCAmerica.com of a DVD set of a
      miniseries based on E. Nesbit's FIVE CHILDREN AND IT. For those who like
      this kind of thing (count me as one) and who may remember Nesbit's influence
      upon CS Lewis. "About 5 hours on 2 DVDs."

      "When five children unearth and befriend an ancient-and irritable-sand fairy
      known as 'It,' they discover the wish-granting business is tougher than it
      looks."

      I don't know how good the BBC version is; I don't remember ever seeing it.

      http://www.bbcamericashop.com/default.asp?cpa=searchcatalog&mdm=&ctl=&cc=&stl=&ssc=&filtermode=
      or
      http://tinyurl.com/8f2a4

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
        FIVE CHILDREN & IT is also one of the sources for Tolkien's ROVERANDOM.
        --JDR