Re: [mythsoc] Hodgepodge

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      In a message dated 2/2/2006 4:10:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      I do remember this being put about at that time, can't be sure where I got
      it (never was at the NY CSL), but I think in something Hooper wrote. Later
      he wrote a retraction wh I remember reading.

      My memory is that Hooper did claim that Lewis was a virgin his whole life.
      Later he decided this was wrong and quit making that claim. I don't think he
      retracted his previous view. He just acted like he had never made the
      claim. In any case, there are places in both Lewis's and Davidman's writings
      where they clearly say that their marriage was consummated.