Re: [mythsoc] New member

  • Elizabeth Hardy
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      Thanks for the welcome! The storytelling and historic interpreting go together sometimes. My place and period is 1850s-1870s Appalachia. I dress as a woman from that time period (along with my family), and we volunteer at museums, schools, and other programs to help people better understand history. It's a wonderful way to better appreciate the past and to teach others about it.

      Berni Phillips <bernip@...> wrote: Welcome, Elizabeth! The storytelling is interesting, but I've never heard anyone call themselves a historic interpreter before. What is that like? Is it a more folksy thing or scholarly?

      Berni

      >From: Elizabeth Hardy <britomart3@...>

      > I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have finally gotten round to joining up. I'm Elizabeth Baird Hardy. I teach English at a western North Carolina Community College, and my scholarly (and non-scholarly) interests lie primarily with Lewis, Rowling, Spenser, and Milton. I am also an Appalachian storyteller and historic interpreter.

      Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report