Re: [mythsoc] Morris -- costumery -- call for theater production assistance

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <lezlie1@...>

      > I am doing the costumes (including cod pieces and swords) and assisting
      > with
      > choreography for this production. I will need help-- looking for
      > volunteers
      > interested in period authenticity.

      Who's measuring the cods?

      Sorry,
      Diamond Proudbrook (who doesn't live in Berkeley, far from it)
    • Lezlie
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...> wrote:

> [...]

        I'll definitly accept all the assistance I can get -- even at a
        distance -- in designing this group of costumes! As to measurment --
        Hallie, our fearless leader and I think the individual male can come
        up with his own measurement-- tho' his partner may have somewhat to
        say about coming up to the measure (OK-- enough of that-- I can think
        of many puns not meant for "delicate ears"...) Codpieces, tho' are
        meant to brag a little bit... Lezlie
      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
          Consider the codpiece on Henry VIII's suit of armor in the Tower of London.

          Or maybe you shouldn't.

          "Second verse/ Same as the first"

          Mike

          Lezlie wrote:

        • Lezlie
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
            uh--yeah. This is a *family* oriented theater company...and, even in
            Berkeley. <smile> Lezlie