Morris -- costumery -- call for theater production assistance

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hello re-enactors, theater folk, musicians, costumers and dancers!

      I am doing the costumes (including cod pieces and swords) and assisting with
      choreography for this production. I will need help-- looking for volunteers
      interested in period authenticity. Intimate theater setting, adequate budget
      and great fun to be had. Anyone willing? There is room for Morris & some
      musicians. Write to me here.

      For auditions, write to Hallie halliefrazer@... or just come to the
      site & give it your all. Lezlie Kinyon

      MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, by Robert Bolt
      All male roles open
      Age range: 18-60
      Director: Hallie Frazer
      Auditions: 2/1 -- Wednesday eve., 7:30
      All Souls Church in Parish Hall
      2220 Cedar Street
      Berkeley, CA
      (bet. Spruce/Oxford)

      All volunteer production & audition date is 2/1.

      Arts-Informed Inquiry SIG,
      Lezlie Kinyon & Bela Banathy Organizing Chairs for 2006
      http://projects.isss.org/Main/Arts-InformedInquiry
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in
      a fruit salad.

      http://www.isss.org/conferences/sonoma2006/
      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the
      Systems Sciences
      Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California, USA
      July 9th - 14th 2006

      Debora Hammond, ISSS President 2005-2006, hammond@...
    • Stolzi
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
        From: <lezlie1@...>

        > I am doing the costumes (including cod pieces and swords) and assisting
        > with
        > choreography for this production. I will need help-- looking for
        > volunteers
        > interested in period authenticity.

        Who's measuring the cods?

        Sorry,
        Diamond Proudbrook (who doesn't live in Berkeley, far from it)
      • Lezlie
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...> wrote:

> [...]

          I'll definitly accept all the assistance I can get -- even at a
          distance -- in designing this group of costumes! As to measurment --
          Hallie, our fearless leader and I think the individual male can come
          up with his own measurement-- tho' his partner may have somewhat to
          say about coming up to the measure (OK-- enough of that-- I can think
          of many puns not meant for "delicate ears"...) Codpieces, tho' are
          meant to brag a little bit... Lezlie
        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
            Consider the codpiece on Henry VIII's suit of armor in the Tower of London.

            Or maybe you shouldn't.

            "Second verse/ Same as the first"

            Mike

            Lezlie wrote:

          • Lezlie
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
              uh--yeah. This is a *family* oriented theater company...and, even in
              Berkeley. <smile> Lezlie