Re: [mythsoc] Re: Re: Drinking lurid predajuice while breaking Christo's yardstick over

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2006
      From: "Cai Cherie" <eternityfindsitself@...>

      > a boarding school where the sadistic schoolmaster would later be declared
      > criminally insane? (am I right in >thinking that George Orwell also served
      > time in
      > that hellhole? Now, there's a man who knew how to write a torture scene.)

      No, he didn't.
    • Stolzi
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2006

        That is, I mean, he didn't go to "Belsen." He went to a larger Anglican
        prep school, which he found grim enough, and then to Eton. Talk about
        misfits.

        See Wikipedia.

        I don't argue with you that George knew how to write a torture scene.
        Brrrr.

        Diamond Proudbrook
      • Jonathan Michael Reiter
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
          Atomtetsuwan2002 here. I take it you are saying that Orwell didn't serve time there, not that He(Orwell) didn't know how to write a torture scene...
          Atomtetsuwan2002
          at2k2