possession and kelpies pearls

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
      To Cai and other fans of Byatt's _Possession_, you might enjoy Pat
      Wynne's discussion of the bathroom in this book, from the Society's
      adult fantasy apa, _Butterbur's Woodshed_ of some years back:
      http://www.tc.umn.edu/~d-lena/WynneOnByatt.html

      Also, if interested in kelpies, be sure to check out the excellent
      children's/adult fantasy _The Kelpie's Pearls_ by Mollie Hunter, one of
      our finest fantasyists of the 60s and 70s and on.

      On Jan 29, 2006, at 11:16 AM, Cai wrote:

      > Also -- thank you to whoever sent in the blurb on "Kelpies..." My
      > daughter just finished "Possession" and is all agog over Byatt. At my
      > daughter's instistance I've just started it, and so far, I am having a
      > ball. Anyway-- Byatt's review has convinced me to order the book--once
      > I've paid off all those other books, that is...

      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.
      Roseville, MN 55113
      651-292-8887
    • Patrick Wynne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
        On Jan 30, 2006, at 12:12 AM, David Lenander wrote:

        > To Cai and other fans of Byatt's _Possession_, you might enjoy Pat
        > Wynne's discussion of the bathroom in this book, from the Society's
        > adult fantasy apa, _Butterbur's Woodshed_ of some years back:
        > http://www.tc.umn.edu/~d-lena/WynneOnByatt.html

        Thanks for the plug, David! My discussion of Byatt is also available,
        in a somewhat more reader-friendly layout, on my own website:
        http://www.pa2rick.com/bathroom/possession.html

        -- Pat