Re: In further quest to bore folks to death... (my ultimate weapon)

  • Lezlie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2006
      I think - just humanists. (Which is of course, different from
      humanistic psychologists and humanitarians.) Just my 2 cents. Lezlie

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Cai Cherie <eternityfindsitself@y...>
      wrote:

      > At the end of the piece I just sent in, I mentioned Christian
      Humanists and Secular Humanists.

      > What term is there for other folks of good will which those two
      terms do not cover? -- I'm thinking Pagans, Jews, etc? Should I just
      say humanists? Its funny-- because of the lack of a buzzword I sounded
      exclusionist, which was not my intention. Words, the right words, are
      so important.

      > Also -- thank you to whoever sent in the blurb on "Kelpies..." My
      daughter just finished "Possession" and is all agog over Byatt. At my
      daughter's instistance I've just started it, and so far, I am having a
      ball. Anyway-- Byatt's review has convinced me to order the book--once
      I've paid off all those other books, that is...