Re: Review: The Lore of the Land by Jennifer Westwood and Jacqueline Simpson

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2005
      Sounds like an excellent book; thanks for the link. I'll have to try
      to pick this up, since I found Simpson's little book BRITISH DRAGONS
      enormously helpful; full of information despite its relative brevity.
      And of course I'll want to see what Westwood & Simpson have to say
      about Tolkien, the Denham Tracts, and the origin of the word "hobbit".
      --JDR