MCKELLAN DENIES RINGS RUMOR

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2000
      MCKELLAN DENIES RINGS RUMOR

      Ian McKellen denied rumors that the character of Arwen will undertake
      the Ring quest in Peter Jackson's film trilogy The Lord of the Rings. In
      response to a question on his official Web site, the actor wrote, "To
      put an end to it: Arwen does NOT accompany the Fellowship in the movie."

      McKellen plays the wizard Gandalf in the three films, which are based on
      J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy of novels of the same name. He said director
      Jackson follows the discussion about the movies on the Internet. "I
      don't know where Peter gets the time, but he seems to be au fait with
      the Tolkien sites and often refers to them in detail. I make occasional
      anonymous visits and am sometimes tempted to correct the wilder
      speculations in the correspondence columns. [But] having this outlet, I
      keep quiet. And so, it seems, does Peter."

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc, MNSCBWI and
      MNSCREENW lists