Unlikely place for Inklings refs

  • Bonnie Callahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2006
      I just finished a ten-year old Dean Koontz novel, "Intensity". Magically, the
      heroine is conversant w. Tolkien & Lewis, and imagines motifs from Narnia to
      get
      her through the requisite peril provided by a serial murderer.

      Similar refs have been cropping up in other horror, mystery, thriller novels
      (which I am known to
      read while hiking in the local mountains up the street). Shows how
      Tolkien & Lewis have become about as familiarly referenced as Shakespeare. A
      good
      sign for our culture I would think.

      OK, someone's got to use this revelation as a straight line. Step right up.

      Bonnie