Re: Digest Number 2111

  • menelvagor1939
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2006
      Dear Doug,

      I seem to be lending myself to misinterpretation all over the place!
      When I referred to Hooper's characterization of A VOYAGE to ARCTURUS
      as a "ghastly story", I didn't mean that I agreed with it. I
      completely agree with Lewis that Lindsay has produced a tour de force
      in his creation of a series of symbolical worlds, each of which is
      completely credible while you are "in" it. I also agree that Lindsay's
      work defines the raison d'etre of the fairy tale or heroic romance
      as a spiritual journey.

      Ben