RE: [mythsoc] . . . redeeming Nordic mythology

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 5, 2006
      >As for his or her deciding not to see films the v. thought of which
      >made him or her "irrationally angry", that seems like a good call. I
      >have to wonder, though, about the whole secondary separation thing;
      >seems like a huge investment of mental energy to find out everyone
      >involved in all three films and then keeping track of their role in
      >subsequent films so he or she can boycott them all. What a waste of
      >time and energy.

      That puzzled me too, as the actors were not the problem with the films,
      even when miscast. Besides, a boycott of all films with Jackson's
      actors in them would force one to skip out on the wonderful "Eternal
      Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

      DB

      ** And I for one would hate to have to boycott everything else Sir Ian
      McKellan appeared in. But you won't see me in line to see King Kong, not
      at prices today and not when it means _paying_ to sit through
      anti-piracy ads.

      Janet

      Links
    • Sharon Bolding
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 9, 2006
        Thanks for all your references and pointers to these sources. I
        appreciate your insights. And now I have plenty of reading to get to...