Philip Pullman

  • Steve Savile
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2000
      With all of the fuss over JK Rowling and those Potter books, I've just begun reading Northern Lights (I believe it was originally released as The Golden Compass) and have to say it's one of the best children's books I've read in a long time... Now, I am reading this for a reason, I think I've mentioned before I teach English to children fresh out of war torn areas such as Bosnia, Rwanda etc, and I'm looking for great 'young' readers books such as Pullman, to open their eyes to the possibilities out there. I'm hoping one or two of you might have ideas I can follow up for great 'easy' readers...

      Bests
      Steve