Showings -- Jan Feb -- Will you be in the Bay Area?

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2005
      Hi all,

      A couple of really exciting showings featuring my sculpture are happening in
      January and February. If you will be visiting the Bay Area, please come!
      Although I rarely show, my work is available, to contact me, write to:
      cenizasderosas@... or doclezlie@...

      May 2006 be the Best Yeat Yet! Lezlie

      You can see some further work on the web at an informal gallery of friends:

      January 4 through February:
      Meet the Artist Day: February 4, with refreshments and music
      Tilden Nature Area Interpretive
      Berkeley, CA
      http://www.ebparks.org/parks/tna.htm (for driving instructions and other
      (510) 562-PARK
      (510) 525-2233
      End of Central Park Drive. Enter the park on Canon Drive, turn left on
      Central Park Drive.

      "In an exhibition titled 'What Came of a Magical Day in the Park',
      soft-sculpture and fiber artist Lezlie Kinyon will be displaying her unique
      'poppets'- handmade puppets created from a wood-fiber medium and finished
      with papier mache techniques borrowed from Renaissance puppetry. Ms. Kinyon
      is a scholar, poet, and artist who lives at the 'doorstep' of Tilden Park.
      She studied fiber technique at Johnston College at the University of
      Redlands, and has been using materials from nature in her creations since
      she was a young child. This is a drop in program; no registration is
      required. For information, call (510) 525-2233."

      In association with: Second Saturdays Art Event
      Triple Threat Art Show and Sale

      Featuring three artists:

      Lezlie Kinyon
      John Brennan
      Loni Sipes

      A Sacred Realm
      3562 4th Ave.
      Sacramento, CA 95817
      (916) 452-4547
      WHEN: Saturday, January 14th, 2006, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
      WHY: To promote freedom, tolerance and personal _expression through the
      beauty of Art.
      We are open from 10 am to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. (They still have
      room for new artistsÂ…)

      "Lezlie, our Bay Area friend, creates some of the most unique sculptures we
      have ever seen. She is a multi-talent, multi-media artist who focuses on
      the enchanted worlds of the spirit. Her nature-inspired, Paper Mache
      sculpture entitled, "Gifts" has been a guest in our window since opening
      day and we are very proud to start off our California Artists relationship
      with her work!"

      Arts-Informed Inquiry SIG,
      Lezlie Kinyon & Bela Banathy Organizing Chairs for 2006
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in
      a fruit salad.

      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the
      Systems Sciences
      Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California, USA
      July 9th - 14th 2006

      Debora Hammond, ISSS President 2005-2006, hammond@...