A classic Christmas Cake recipe Greetings for the Holidays.

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2005
      Merry Yule, everyone! May the sun shine for you and bring you all good
      things as the season once again waxes.
      May your Holidays be full of joy and all of your New Year's wishes come
      true. Lezlie

      MISS FOGARTY'S CHRISTMAS CAKE

      As I sat in my window last evening, the letterman brought it to me
      A little gilt-edged invitation sayin' "Gilhooley come over to tea"
      I knew that the Fogarty's sent it. So I went just for old friendships sake.
      The first think they gave me to tackle was a slice of Miss Fogarty's cake.

      Chorus:

      There were plums and prunes and cherries,
      There were citrons and raisins and cinnamon, too
      There was nutmeg, cloves and berries
      And a crust that was nailed on with glue
      There were caraway seeds in abundance
      Such that work up a fine stomach ache
      That could kill a man twice after eating a slice
      Of Miss Fogarty's Christmas cake.

      Miss Mulligan wanted to try it, but really it wasn't no use
      For we worked in it over an hour and we couldn't get none of it loose
      Till Murphy came in with a hatchet And Kelly came in with a saw
      That cake was enough be the powers above for to paralyze any man's jaws

      Miss Fogarty proud as a peacock, kept smiling and blinking away
      Till she flipped over Flanagan's brogans and she spilt the homebrew in her
      tea
      Aye Gilhooley she says you're not eatin, Try a little bit more for me sake
      And no Miss Fogarty says I, for I've had quite enough of your cake

      Maloney was took with the colic, O'Donnell's a pain in his head
      McNaughton lay down on the sofa, and he swore that he wished he was dead
      Miss Bailey went into hysterics and there she did wriggle and shake
      And everyone swore they were poisoned just from eating Miss Fogarty's cake

      Arts-Informed Inquiry SIG,
      Lezlie Kinyon & Bela Banathy Organizing Chairs for 2006
      http://projects.isss.org/Main/Arts-InformedInquiry
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in
      a fruit salad.

      http://www.isss.org/conferences/sonoma2006/
      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the
      Systems Sciences
      Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California, USA
      July 9th - 14th 2006

      Debora Hammond, ISSS President 2005-2006, hammond@...