Re: Narnia

  • Debra Murphy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2005
      My daughter Rachel and I finally had a chance to see Narnia with our
      mythopoeic book group, Willamette Myth (
      http://groups.yahoo.com/mythopoeic ), and I blogged on it at
      http://idyllist.idyllspress.com . As is my custom with movies I'm
      dying to see, I haven't read any reviews thus far, even here on
      mythsoc, so now I can feel free to go back and check out what others
      have been saying thus far.

      I'm afraid Rachel and I were underwhelmed, though I think the others
      in the group liked the movie a good deal better than we. My quibbles weren't with what was changed or left out of the book, but with the filmmaking. In any event, I earnestly hope people will go see it anyway--there's so much worse out there on the screen, and the production shows a lot of promise. Perhaps if they consider getting a different director next time round...

      Merry Christmas and lovely holidays to all listmates,

      Debra Murphy
      www.debramurphy.com

      Signup at www.doteasy.com