Re: [mythsoc] 'LORD OF THE RINGS' GOES TO TOY BIZ

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2000
      In a message dated 6/9/00 10:07:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      > flying
      > toys

      I want a Nazgul, Daddy!
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2000
        >From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>

        > the license not only allows the company to
        >produce action figures based on all three eventual films, but it would
        >also allow Toy Biz to produce Rings dolls, marbles, plush toys, flying
        >toys and watches.

        Can I get the Eye of Sauron marble set?

        Bwa-hah-hah!

        Berni
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2000
          I Wanna Sparkly Ring like Galadriel's!

          Gahk, the thought of a One Ring ring toy just ran through my
          head. But if you ever wanted a bratty neice or nephew to
          disappear...

          It was bound to happen when LotR went to film. *sigh*

          But I actually do collect action figures and the larger dressed
          dolls. Between LotR and Star Wars my husband is gonna kill me!

          Mythically yours
          Lisa
        • ERATRIANO@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2000
            In a message dated 06/10/2000 4:41:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            lisa@... writes:

            << I Wanna Sparkly Ring like Galadriel's! >>

            Hey, the first piece of real gold jewelry I bought myself after I had a real
            job was a cabochon moonstone ring. I saw it in the case and thought, Looks
            like one of the Three to me, and put a deposit on it the same day. I still
            have it but the moonstone is kind of scuffed now.

            I don't think they could do justice to the Professor's meaning or our
            imaginations on Purpose, but I think we all find things on our own.

            And I have met Ms. L'Engle in person at workshops. She wasn't young then. I
            do recommend writers retreats, just finding the right one can be tricky.
            With these kids I really need to get away to write. Actually I'd rather
            someone took THEM away, so I could stay here wtih my reference materials and
            so on.

            Lizzie
          • LSolarion@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2000
              In a message dated 06/10/2000 1:28:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
              bernip@... writes:

              << > the license not only allows the company to
              >produce action figures based on all three eventual films, but it would
              >also allow Toy Biz to produce Rings dolls, marbles, plush toys, flying
              >toys and watches.

              Can I get the Eye of Sauron marble set?

              They also sell a ring that will make only your money disappear.