Narnia

  • whalehuggs23
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2005
      Finals week is almost over. I saw Narnia opening weekend. I encourage
      anyone that has read the books or a fantasy lover to see it. When I
      was watching the movie, it was like being in another world. I never
      wanted the movie to end. Unlike Lord of the Rings, which was so
      lengthly that you were ready for it to end. In fact I can't wait to
      see Narnia again. That is all I have to say on Narnia.

      -Sarah
    • Jonathan Michael Reiter
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2005
        Really? I just got the Chronicles of Narnia recently, all seven of the books by Clive Staples Lewis. I'm still working on The Magician's Nephew. I get to wait until I can see the Movie...
        and I don't mind that at all, because I'm not finished reading the book(s) yet.
        Atomtetsuwan2002
        at2k2

        PS; Have you read them yet?
        Finals week is almost over. I saw Narnia opening weekend. I encourage
        anyone that has read the books or a fantasy lover to see it. When I
        was watching the movie, it was like being in another world. I never
        wanted the movie to end. Unlike Lord of the Rings, which was so
        lengthly that you were ready for it to end. In fact I can't wait to
        see Narnia again. That is all I have to say on Narnia.

        -Sarah

        Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2005
          My daughter Rachel and I finally had a chance to see Narnia with our
          mythopoeic book group, Willamette Myth (
          http://groups.yahoo.com/mythopoeic ), and I blogged on it at
          http://idyllist.idyllspress.com . As is my custom with movies I'm
          dying to see, I haven't read any reviews thus far, even here on
          mythsoc, so now I can feel free to go back and check out what others
          have been saying thus far.

          I'm afraid Rachel and I were underwhelmed, though I think the others
          in the group liked the movie a good deal better than we. My quibbles weren't with what was changed or left out of the book, but with the filmmaking. In any event, I earnestly hope people will go see it anyway--there's so much worse out there on the screen, and the production shows a lot of promise. Perhaps if they consider getting a different director next time round...

          Merry Christmas and lovely holidays to all listmates,

          Debra Murphy
          www.debramurphy.com

          Signup at www.doteasy.com