An Inklings Son Remembers: M Colin Havard

  • Anthony and Jessica
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2005
      Greetings All:
      As you may know Jessica and I are the Programming Directors for
      The Gathering of the Fellowship 2006 event, which we have been
      incorporating alot of new scholarship i.e. Lewis and Inkling
      material, academic guests, plus items for art, music fans.
      http://gatheringofthefellowship.org/convention/programming/sessions.ht
      ml
      With the gracious help of Mike Foster
      (who has created 4 separate Tolkien, Lewis and Inkling Programs for
      GOTF and will be in 2 other panels, he may yet qualify for the Iron
      Man Award)---
      we are happy to bring M. Colin Havard to the event to speak of his
      father Dr. Robert"Humphrey" Havard in a session entitled :"An
      Inklings Son Remembers", which will highlight his experiences with
      the Inklings as LOTR, Narnia et al were being read and developed.
      This is the 1st time Mr. Havard will publicly speak of his
      experiences.

      We also have announced the participation of Colin Duriez and John
      Howe. We shall also be announcing a presentation by Mike Foster and
      Matt Blessing (whom we shall be announcing soon as well) tentatively
      titled: "In the Ring-Maker's Hand: The Marquette University Tolkien
      Manuscript Collection."

      Read up on the event and the recent programming additions here:
      http://www.gatheringofthefellowship.org/newsletter.html

      If you do not know already we are offering great discounts to the
      Mythopoeic Society ($10 off), Tolkien Society's($10 off) and Heren
      Istarion ($30 off) and group discounts as well see all the info here:
      http://gatheringofthefellowship.org/convention/registration.html

      We hope to see you there,
      Anthony and Jessica
      North East Tolkien Society