literary criticism of Narnia

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2005
      I liked all the articles you sent along, Marcie.

      I'm not about to try and do serious literary criticism of Narnia, but Grace
      and I have commented on what I ventured to call "continuity errors" (in
      movie tech talk) and the other day, after my pre-film re-read of LWW, I got
      hung up on another one.

      Edmund is rescued by a squad of Narnians, sent by Aslan, just as the White
      Witch is about to sacrifice him before reaching the Stone Table.

      OK, they took her by surprise, while she was busy with her knife. But
      shortly thereafter, we find that she and her dwarf escaped capture because
      "the Witch had kept her wand with her" and magicked the two of them into
      concealment, disguising their shapes.

      Why wasn't she able to use the said wand and petrify the oncoming enemies,
      as she later does to much effect at the main battle? Hmmm?

      Diamond Proudbrook