CALL FOR AUTHORS: Alternate History Book Series, New

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      Now here's a neat call for authors... especially, I would think, to
      speculative fiction writers...combines art and academics, indeed! Not
      particularly well paid, but a nice publishing credit. Lezlie

      Title: CALL FOR AUTHORS: Alternate History Book Series, New
      Chapters 2006
      http://www.h-net.org/announce/show.cgi?ID=148761
      Date: 2006-04-01
      Chapters 2006 We are inviting academic editorial contributors
      to an innovative new series of history books for high-school
      students. The Alternate History series uses what-if scenarios
      (counter-factual history) to attract, intrigue, and stimulate
      We are offering a $250 to $350 honorarium and a free copy of the title to
      which you have contributed.
      Deadlines are: February 15, 2006, for Civil War-era chapters and April 1,
      2006, for the new chapters on the 1960s and 1980s.

      Contact:
      Susan Moskowitz
      Managing Editor
      Golson Books, Ltd.
      35 Wolf Road
      Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
      914-271-6390
      suemoskowitz@...
      Announcement ID: 148761
      http://www.h-net.org/announce/show.cgi?ID

      Arts-Informed Inquiry SIG,
      Lezlie Kinyon & Bela Banathy Organizing Chairs for 2006
      http://projects.isss.org/Main/Arts-InformedInquiry
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in
      a fruit salad.

      http://www.isss.org/conferences/sonoma2006/
      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the
      Systems Sciences
      Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California, USA
      July 9th - 14th 2006

      Debora Hammond, ISSS President 2005-2006, hammond@...