Re: [mythsoc] The Magic Thanksgiving Pudding and Philip Pullet-man

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
      > --- Bonnie Callahan <bonolatm@...> wrote:
      >> I have an angle on Pullman & Narnia & Christianity,
      >> but I want to warn folks that some
      >> may
      >> find it...well...not to their liking. I expect to
      >> take some flak for it if I put it
      >> out there publicly. Perhaps I should send it to
      >> interested persons off-list.

      Hey, I'm interested too.

      Btw, if anyone doubted it, that story about the Loathly Lady, more typically
      starring Sir Gawain, is definitely out there in the early literature. I
      read it as a kid in Bulfinch's MYTHOLOGY,

      http://www.bulfinch.org/tales/chiv05.html

      and Roger Lancelyn Green, friend of CSL, retells it in his own kids' version
      (and a good one it was) of the Arthurian tales.

      In fact, it's the tale Chaucer gives to the Wife of Bath, though with a
      slightly different ending.

      http://www.litrix.com/canterby/cante030.htm

      Diamond Proudbrook