Re: [mythsoc] HARRY POTTER NEWS PUSHED BACK

    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2000
      In a message dated 5/18/00 1:37:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      d-lena@... writes:

      < I'll be suspicious of any blurbs I ever see from Lorenzo
      > di Bonaventura. Is this person for real? Or a house
      > pseudonym like Betty Crocker or Carolyn Davis?

      Well, if he's a pseudonym, Warner Brothers seems to have gone extraordinary
      lengths to create the impression that he's real. Put his name into a search
      engine and see just how many news stories there are in which he's mentioned.

      What would you expect the president of a film company to say about a novel
      that it's bought at great expense?: "There's a decent but not great novel
      that we're making a film of. It's really somewhat overrated, but maybe we
      can turn out a moderately good movie. Well, to be honest, it's probably
      going to be a disappointment to everybody involved, and I'll probably lose my
      job over it."