new review of Tolkien on Film

  • Amy H. Sturgis
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2005
      FYI, Revolution Science Fiction ( http://www.revolutionsf.com ) just added a new review of Tolkien on Film here: http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=2923

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
      http://www.amyhsturgis.com
      Belmont University
      Interdisciplinary Studies
      sturgisa@...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Suppose that we are wise enough to
      learn and know - and yet not wise
      enough to control our learning and
      knowledge, so that we use it to
      destroy ourselves? Even if that is so,
      knowledge remains better than
      ignorance." - Isaac Asimov
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2005
        At 12:57 PM 11/22/2005 -0600, Amy H. Sturgis wrote:
        >FYI, Revolution Science Fiction ( http://www.revolutionsf.com ) just added a
        >new review of Tolkien on Film here:
        >http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=2923

        What most pleases me is the argument in favor of reading a book instead of
        following the same discussion on the web:

        >Here, in convenient book form, you can squint at black type on white pages,
        >instead of blue type on orange pages, or in 20 point fonts on a fecal brown
        >background, or with popups and fire icons. Rather than slog through all that
        >and possibly get distracted by pornography, Tolkien on Film is here.
      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2005
          AND they say nice things about your essay! :)

          Janet

          At 12:57 PM 11/22/2005 -0600, Amy H. Sturgis wrote:
          >FYI, Revolution Science Fiction ( http://www.revolutionsf.com ) just
          >added a new review of Tolkien on Film here:
          >http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=2923

          What most pleases me is the argument in favor of reading a book instead
          of following the same discussion on the web:

          >Here, in convenient book form, you can squint at black type on white
          >pages, instead of blue type on orange pages, or in 20 point fonts on a
          >fecal brown background, or with popups and fire icons. Rather than slog

          >through all that and possibly get distracted by pornography, Tolkien on
          Film is here.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

          Links
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2005
            At 03:13 PM 11/22/2005 -0600, Janet wrote:
            >AND they say nice things about your essay! :)

            That's assuming that "Burn!" is favorable. I don't know all this lingo.

            DB