RE: [mythsoc] fantasy for 10 year old girl

  • Alisson Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2005
      I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I absolutely loved George
      MacDonald's children fantasy books, _The Princess and the Goblin_ and _The
      Princess and Curdie_ when I was a child. I re-read them every year even now,
      so that at this point I've read them countless times. In the Princess and
      the Goblin two of the main characters are females - the young Princess
      Irene, and her grandmother. I also loved _Alice in Wonderland_ and _Through
      the Looking Glass_ by Lewis Carroll. I received all of these as birthday
      gifts when a child.

      Alisson

      �Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the
      Power of Terror and Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed
      that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts
      anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.�
      -The Silmarillion, Of the Voyage of E�rendil and the War of Wrath

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2005
        One more vote for the Borrowers--one at a time. Stretch it through Yule
        till Valentine's and birthdays.

        'Homily, Pod & Arietty' are such a hobbitish characters and names.

        Cheers to the Dreadful Spiller,
        Mike