'MISTS OF AVALON' DETAILS

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2000
      'MISTS OF AVALON' DETAILS

      Marion Zimmer Bradley's book Mists of Avalon is getting
      the small screen treatment courtesy of the TNT cable
      network. This women's point of view of Arthurian lore will star
      Julianna Margulies, Anjelica Huston and Joan Allen. A
      tipster by the name of 'Fion' checked in to provide further
      details of the series' production. Here's what Fion provided:

      I work on the Mists of Avalon, so I can tell you a bit about
      it. The company doing the special effects is Pinnacle
      Studios, out of Seattle, and it is being shot in the Czech
      republic starting right around the 20th and going for about 2
      months. It is to be a 2 part mini series, Night 1, and Night 2.
      For those of you who know the book, Night 1 is very true to
      it and will be very cool. Night 2 varies from the book, and
      while it will be pretty cool, I don't think it is going to be quite
      as cool as the book. I have not seen pictures of the cast, I
      think that they seem well chosen.

      Fion also added that the script for the miniseries was written
      by Gavin Scott.

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
      List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc, MNSCBWI and
      MNSCREENW lists