Re: [mythsoc] BW Discussion

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16 8:58 AM
      In a message dated 5/16/00 8:38:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      > LOTR on Film.

      Is this a bit previous? Will even Pt 1 be out?

      > Peter Lord Wolff. *The Silence of Heaven.* Adventures of two "fallen
      > angels" on Earth.

      Ooh, I wish this was his title and not his name. "Peter, Lord Wolf" - a
      name to conjure with!

      > Graham Joyce. *Dreamside.* (tp) Four college students explore lucid
      > dreaming, and things get out of hand.

      Sounds interesting - maybe.

      > Patricia McKillip. *The Tower at Stony Wood.* See de Lint. May get
      > nominated for MFA.

      =Poisonally= I am tired of both McK and DeL, but I know I am in a minority.

      >Garfinkle

      might be interesting.

      > Barbara Hambley. *Fever Season.* Reccommended by Lynn Maudlin. "Nuff
      > said.

      Vampires again? (Read one of hers for a topic issue on Vampires a few years
      back.)

      > Darrel Schweitzer. *The Mask of the Sorcerer.* Avail. only from SFBC or
      at
      > your library in a British edition. Not in general publication in US. So
      > good I think it should be.

      Interesting! I have met the man and he is... something. But, there's the
      difficulty of obtaining it...

      > General Topics: Magical Systems; Unreal Estate: Houses Bigger on the
      > Inside;
      > Dressed Animals.

      I like at least the latter two of these very, very much.

      Will certainly take your list to the bookstore and do some browsing around.

      Please, members of the List who are not BW members, let this posting be your
      invitation to consider joining. You can read more about the apa at the link
      off the Society page.

      Mary S
    • Eleanor Farrell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16 8:13 PM
        Mary S. wrote:

        >> Peter Lord Wolff. *The Silence of Heaven.* Adventures of two "fallen
        >> angels" on Earth.
        >
        >Ooh, I wish this was his title and not his name. "Peter, Lord Wolf" - a
        >name to conjure with!

        Or how about Lord Peter Wolf -- the famous erudite werewolf detective......

        Ellie