RE: [mythsoc] One of the most unusual libraries...

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
      Groan...

      Janet

      > Must be a nightmare for the preservation department! Not to mention
      > the catalogers!

      Cata-loggers.

      Diamond Proudbrook

      Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
      page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

      Links
    • Lezlie
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Ellen <carnimiriel@a...> wrote:

        > Croft, Janet B. wrote:
        >
        > >I can picture either an elf or a hobbit (well, an obsessive one)
        putting
        > >together something like this: The Wooden Library (or Xylothek) in
        > >Alnarp, Sweden.
        > >
        > >"Each "book" describes a certain tree species and is made out of the
        > >actual wood (the "covers"). The spine is covered by the bark, where
        > >mosses and lichens from the same tree are arranged. "Books" of shrubs
        > >are covered with mosses with split branches on both covers and spines."
        > >
        > >http://www.bib.slu.se/bibliotek/alnarp/etradbibl.html

        Wow! What a tresure! A plce to visit, indeed! As a tree lover, I thank
        you for posting this! Lezlie
      • Stolzi
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
          From: "Ellen" <carnimiriel@...>

          > This is wonderful! As a tree enthusiast (writing a novel from the point
          > of view of the hypothetical last dryad),

          The last dryad? Oh noooo! How lonely she must be!

          Diamond Proudbrook
        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
            The last dryad
            Could've been in a triad.
            But off with an Ent
            She went.

            Mike

            Stolzi wrote:

> [...]

          • Ellen
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
              Stolzi wrote:

> [...]
              She is, but she comes to terms with her existance and finds a new role
              for herself, in a way. I've finally finished a draft and am about ready
              to do some more editing.

              (I won't blather more about the novel here but if anyone is interested I
              did recently start a writing journal at:
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/ellen_denham/ )

              Ellen Denham

            • Ellen
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
                Mike Foster wrote:

                >The last dryad
                >Could've been in a triad.
                >But off with an Ent
                >She went.
                >
                >Mike

                Ha ha! Hmm, I get a feeling that Treebeard would disapprove of dryads
                for taking on human-like forms. That's being awfully hasty.

                Ellen Denham
              • Mike Foster
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
                  Clerihews are as