Narnia movie

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
      Many things change by the time a film is released, but I note with some
      alarm that at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/fullcredits, one of the
      listed cast members is "Adult Susan." (as are also listed "Adult Peter,"
      "Adult Lucy," and "Adult Edmund.")

      In an amazing bit of "Inklings magic", the part of "Centaur #3" is played by
      ... Charles Williams! :)

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
        Stolzi wrote:

        > Many things change by the time a film is released, but I note with some
        > alarm that at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/fullcredits, one of the
        > listed cast members is "Adult Susan." (as are also listed "Adult Peter,"
        > "Adult Lucy," and "Adult Edmund.")

        Wouldn't they need those parts for the end of the book/movie,
        when the four of them have been ruling in Narnia long enough to
        grow into adults? Presumably they'd be shown hunting the white
        deer, etc. ... and then when they pass back into our world,
        they're children again.

        > In an amazing bit of "Inklings magic", the part of "Centaur #3" is played by
        > ... Charles Williams! :)

        :)

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>
      • Stolzi
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
          From: "Margaret Dean" <margdean@...>

          > Wouldn't they need those parts for the end of the book/movie,
          > when the four of them have been ruling in Narnia long enough to
          > grow into adults? Presumably they'd be shown hunting the white
          > deer, etc. ... and then when they pass back into our world,
          > they're children again.

          Oh gosh, Margaret you're right. I'd been envisaging a "framing scene" in
          England, with the adults discussing their childhood and maybe even Susan
          showing first seeds of disbelief. Susan's been on my mind since Grace Monk
          gave a paper about her at Past Watchful Dragons.

          I guess I would have called those actors "King Peter" rather than "Adult
          Peter," etc. if I'd been writing the cast list.

          Diamond Proudbrook
        • Margaret Dean
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
            Stolzi wrote:

> [...]

            Good point, and it very well may be as you say (No, I don't trust
            moviemakers an inch, why do you ask? :)). But it wouldn't =have=
            to be.

            --Margaret Dean
            <margdean@...>