Many thanks!

  • ahsturgis
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
      Many thanks to those of you who attended and participated in Past
      Watchful Dragons. It was a privilege to host you, and we hope you
      had a productive time and a safe journey home.

      More information about the published proceedings of the conference
      and other details will follow.

      Wishing you the best,
      Amy

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
      http://www.ahsturgis.com
      Belmont University
      Interdisciplinary Studies
      sturgisa@...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      From Archeology
      one moral, at least, may be drawn,
      to wit, that all
      our school text-books lie.
      What they call History
      is nothing to vaunt of,
      being made, as it is,
      by the criminal in us:
      goodness is timeless.
      from "Archeology," W.H. Auden
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Stolzi
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
        Those of us who were there really thank Amy with all our hearts for
        mistressminding this wonderful event. Ruby Dunlap, a member of the Society
        and a Belmont faculty member, also did yeoman duty (yeowoman?), esp as
        "minder" and chauffeur (chauffeuse?) to Doug Gresham. I'm bugging Dr Amy to
        do us another Nashville mythcon, down the road, with the help of her
        Lomelindi smial members :)

        "Published proceedings!" Oh goody goody goody - I had to miss so much, as
        there were three and even at times four tracks.

        =Everybody= come and meet Dr Sturgis next summer, when she will be Scholar
        GoH at Mythcon 37 in Norman, Oklahoma. You'll love it. Promise.

        Diamond Proudbrook
      • juliet@firinn.org
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
          On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 04:55:11PM -0600, Stolzi wrote:
          > =Everybody= come and meet Dr Sturgis next summer, when she will be Scholar
          > GoH at Mythcon 37 in Norman, Oklahoma. You'll love it. Promise.

          Is there more info about this somewhere on the web? This is the first
          Mythcon that will be close enough for me to drive to, and I'd really
          like to plan ahead to come if I'm not having a baby. Everything I can
          find on mythsoc.org seems to discuss past Mythcons as though they were
          still to take place.

          Julie
        • Stolzi
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
            > On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 04:55:11PM -0600, Stolzi wrote:
            >> =Everybody= come and meet Dr Sturgis next summer, when she will be
            >> Scholar
            >> GoH at Mythcon 37 in Norman, Oklahoma. You'll love it. Promise.
            >
            > Is there more info about this somewhere on the web? This is the first
            > Mythcon that will be close enough for me to drive to, and I'd really
            > like to plan ahead to come if I'm not having a baby. Everything I can
            > find on mythsoc.org seems to discuss past Mythcons as though they were
            > still to take place.

            Yes, I'm sorry about that, but our webmasters are often pressed for time to
            update.

            Janet B. Croft has the full information as of this date - address her at
            jbcroft@....

            Dates planned for August 4-7, 2006; theme

            "The Map and the Territory: Maps and Landscapes in Fantasy

            "with a track on Native American Fantasy/Native Americans in Fantasy"

            Diamond Proudbrook