"Zuber Zendoff"

  • Bonnie Callahan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
      For those of you in the SoCal area, or whomever of you would get a warm
      fuzzy feeling from this--from Margaret, a member of the "Tolkien Forever"
      group here in the Southland. If anyone can make it, you're most welcome.

      Bonnie Callahan
      *****************

      Hello to All,
      The funeral for Bernie Zuber was lovely. Bonnie took a photo of
      the flowers we sent. The mass included a musical tribute, the jazz
      standard "I'll Be Seeing You", sung by a lovely gal and she was
      accompanied by a bass player. They were both friends of Bernie. I
      met ever so many folks who knew Bernie in any one or several of his
      incarnations as artist, jazz fancier, writer, Mental Illness
      volunteer, museum aficianado - and we are invited to the ZUBER
      ZENDOFF.

      "Please join us, Saturday, Novenber 12th, 2005, from 4:00pm till
      9:00pm to celebrate and reminisce the life and art of our friend:
      BERNIE ZUBER"

      Location: The Underground Arts Society, 2473 N. Lake Avenue,
      Altadena, CA 91001

      Information: (626) 794-8779

      Refreshments and Drinks are POTLUCK; please bring your favorite dish
      to share.

      Selected pieces of Bernie's artworks will be available for purchase
      to help send Bernie into the next realm.

      If you can attend, you will meet very interesting people and see
      Bernie's art, which is smashing, to say the least.

      Happy that I had the opportunity to represent TF on the day.
      Margaret
    • Walter Padgett
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005

        > Selected pieces of Bernie's artworks will be available for purchase
        > to help send Bernie into the next realm.
        >
        > If you can attend, you will meet very interesting people and see
        > Bernie's art, which is smashing, to say the least.

        I would love to see more of his artwork. Is there any chance that any
        more of it will be posted online somewhere? Check:

        http://www.hausgallery.com/haus/image/OPEN%20HAUS%20photos/Zuber,%
        20Bernie.htm

        Hope to see you in Nashville this weekend!

        Thanks, Walter.