Re: [mythsoc] A sad bit of news

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2005
      Truly sad news. I've known Bernie since I was a member of the Mythopoeic
      Society down in LA (the late 1960s). His puns in Mythery Loves Company,
      a column he wrote for Dave Hulan's Mything Link) were priceless, and
      where we found such words as MythDirections - Directions Glen GoodKnight
      has given for the next Myth Meeting. You get the idea.

      His work in Tolkien fandom was tireless until he grew ill.

      More recently, I would see him at the LA cons and we would share what we
      had been up to. It was good to see that he was doing better and seemed
      to be getting more out of life again.

      He will be missed.

      Mythically yours, (now you know who's fault that is)
      Lisa