Re: [mythsoc] A sad bit of news

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2005
      I will add that when I first joined BUTTERBUR'S WOODSHED, the Society's
      discussion group by correspondence, Bernie was a regular participant and I
      came to know him for the warmth and perceptiveness of his writing.

      Memory eternal!

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2005
        Truly sad news. I've known Bernie since I was a member of the Mythopoeic
        Society down in LA (the late 1960s). His puns in Mythery Loves Company,
        a column he wrote for Dave Hulan's Mything Link) were priceless, and
        where we found such words as MythDirections - Directions Glen GoodKnight
        has given for the next Myth Meeting. You get the idea.

        His work in Tolkien fandom was tireless until he grew ill.

        More recently, I would see him at the LA cons and we would share what we
        had been up to. It was good to see that he was doing better and seemed
        to be getting more out of life again.

        He will be missed.

        Mythically yours, (now you know who's fault that is)
        Lisa