Re: [mythsoc] Lewis speaks

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
      At 01:46 PM 10/11/2005 -0500, Mike Foster wrote:
      >1982?
      >
      >David Bratman wrote:
      >
      >>Cassettes containing these five talks were first issued by the Episcopal
      >>Radio-TV Foundation, the people for whom he recorded _The Four Loves_, in
      >1982.

      Yes, 1982. That's what the Hooper Companion says, and I see no reason to
      doubt it.

      Wait. Perhaps you missed the second comma? Lewis recorded The Four Loves
      in 1957, but I wasn't giving that date. I was giving the date that the
      cassettes of the other talks were published.

      >A CSL daily reader I had with my second cuppa this morning said that
      >today Oct. 11 is the 75th anniversary of the date CSL, WHL, JM, MM & Mr.
      >Papworth moved to the Kilns.

      Unfortunately, today is October 13th. (Did the server hold your e-mail up
      for TWO DAYS? Or are they using a different calendar there in downstate
      Illinois?) Other than that, it's correct: the move was Oct. 11, 1930.

      DB
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
        David,
        It was 11th when I sent this.

        And I didn't know when CSL had recorded the talks but knew it wasn't
        likely 1982.

        Thanks to Carl & Arden & many others in ITF, 2005 Fish T. which goes to
        printers tomorrow a.m. will be truly both scholarly & silly.

        I've given up on getting
        Yiddish and Gaelic...

        Cheers to all,
        Mike