Re: [mythsoc] Lewis speaks

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2005
      1982?

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
        At 01:46 PM 10/11/2005 -0500, Mike Foster wrote:
        >1982?
        >
        >David Bratman wrote:
        >
        >>Cassettes containing these five talks were first issued by the Episcopal
        >>Radio-TV Foundation, the people for whom he recorded _The Four Loves_, in
        >1982.

        Yes, 1982. That's what the Hooper Companion says, and I see no reason to
        doubt it.

        Wait. Perhaps you missed the second comma? Lewis recorded The Four Loves
        in 1957, but I wasn't giving that date. I was giving the date that the
        cassettes of the other talks were published.

        >A CSL daily reader I had with my second cuppa this morning said that
        >today Oct. 11 is the 75th anniversary of the date CSL, WHL, JM, MM & Mr.
        >Papworth moved to the Kilns.

        Unfortunately, today is October 13th. (Did the server hold your e-mail up
        for TWO DAYS? Or are they using a different calendar there in downstate
        Illinois?) Other than that, it's correct: the move was Oct. 11, 1930.

        DB
      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
          David,
          It was 11th when I sent this.

          And I didn't know when CSL had recorded the talks but knew it wasn't
          likely 1982.

          Thanks to Carl & Arden & many others in ITF, 2005 Fish T. which goes to
          printers tomorrow a.m. will be truly both scholarly & silly.

          I've given up on getting
          Yiddish and Gaelic...

          Cheers to all,
          Mike