Re: [mythsoc] ADMIN: Fund raising

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      At the risk of further offense,
      clarification.

      This is not a for-profit fund-raiser for the Fish or anyone. If we have
      any surplus $ earned from shirts, it will be given to charity,
      specifically, to the Franciscan friar from Zanzibar currently finishing
      his PhD. in theology at the University of Illinois.

      He spoke at St. Mary of Lourdes a week or two before we left for JRRT
      2005. Zanzibar is 99% Muslim, 1% Christian. He and the Franciscans are
      building a hospital/school/community college that will, unless politics
      prevail, accept and teach all patients and students regardless of faith.

      Sadly, the recent troubles in Iraq and elsewhere have seen an influx of
      hard cases coming in from the north. The hitherto toleration the
      Catholics had enjoyed has begun to evaporate. He said two churches had
      been completely burned out by arsonist terrorists only this summer. Sad
      times.

      So that's where every penny of profit--if there is any; it cost us $150,
      $25 each, in '98 to shirt the world--from this Distributist adventure
      will go.

      And they'll be real cool shirts. Just ask Lynn Maudlin.

      Thanks & sorry for any offense caused,
      Mike

      Mike Foster wrote:

      >Sorry, Joan and all.
      >
      >Some in this group have fancied these shirts before. My apologies to
      >any offended. Thanks for the friendly reminder.
      >
      >Mike
      >
      >ftl_publications wrote:
      >

      >>This is a friendly reminder to please minimize fund raising requests.
      >>There have been some lately on this list. Unless the fund raising is
      >>for the Mythopoeic Society, please minimize these.
      >>
      >>Thank you.
      >>Joan
      >>Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator

      >>Yahoo! Groups Links

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Lezlie
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        Sorry-- I'm doing a ot of relief right now & possibly got a bit
        carried away. Won't post again.
        Although PEN post wasn't asking for $$ but giving dollars to
        devastated writers. Thought maybe there might be one such here or
        someone here might know someone ... Jus' tryin' ta be helpful.... Lezlie

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "ftl_publications"