Re: [mythsoc] ADMIN: Fund raising

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      Sorry, Joan and all.

      Some in this group have fancied these shirts before. My apologies to
      any offended. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

      Mike

      ftl_publications wrote:

      >This is a friendly reminder to please minimize fund raising requests.
      >There have been some lately on this list. Unless the fund raising is
      >for the Mythopoeic Society, please minimize these.
      >
      >Thank you.
      >Joan
      >Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
        At the risk of further offense,
        clarification.

        This is not a for-profit fund-raiser for the Fish or anyone. If we have
        any surplus $ earned from shirts, it will be given to charity,
        specifically, to the Franciscan friar from Zanzibar currently finishing
        his PhD. in theology at the University of Illinois.

        He spoke at St. Mary of Lourdes a week or two before we left for JRRT
        2005. Zanzibar is 99% Muslim, 1% Christian. He and the Franciscans are
        building a hospital/school/community college that will, unless politics
        prevail, accept and teach all patients and students regardless of faith.

        Sadly, the recent troubles in Iraq and elsewhere have seen an influx of
        hard cases coming in from the north. The hitherto toleration the
        Catholics had enjoyed has begun to evaporate. He said two churches had
        been completely burned out by arsonist terrorists only this summer. Sad
        times.

        So that's where every penny of profit--if there is any; it cost us $150,
        $25 each, in '98 to shirt the world--from this Distributist adventure
        will go.

        And they'll be real cool shirts. Just ask Lynn Maudlin.

        Thanks & sorry for any offense caused,
        Mike

        Mike Foster wrote:

        >Sorry, Joan and all.
        >
        >Some in this group have fancied these shirts before. My apologies to
        >any offended. Thanks for the friendly reminder.
        >
        >Mike
        >
        >ftl_publications wrote:
        >

        >>This is a friendly reminder to please minimize fund raising requests.
        >>There have been some lately on this list. Unless the fund raising is
        >>for the Mythopoeic Society, please minimize these.
        >>
        >>Thank you.
        >>Joan
        >>Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator

        >>Yahoo! Groups Links

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Lezlie
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
          Sorry-- I'm doing a ot of relief right now & possibly got a bit
          carried away. Won't post again.
          Although PEN post wasn't asking for $$ but giving dollars to
          devastated writers. Thought maybe there might be one such here or
          someone here might know someone ... Jus' tryin' ta be helpful.... Lezlie

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "ftl_publications"