ADMIN: Fund raising

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      This is a friendly reminder to please minimize fund raising requests.
      There have been some lately on this list. Unless the fund raising is
      for the Mythopoeic Society, please minimize these.

      Thank you.
      Joan
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
        Sorry, Joan and all.

        Some in this group have fancied these shirts before. My apologies to
        any offended. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

        Mike

        ftl_publications wrote:

        >This is a friendly reminder to please minimize fund raising requests.
        >There have been some lately on this list. Unless the fund raising is
        >for the Mythopoeic Society, please minimize these.
        >
        >Thank you.
        >Joan
        >Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
          At the risk of further offense,
          clarification.

          This is not a for-profit fund-raiser for the Fish or anyone. If we have
          any surplus $ earned from shirts, it will be given to charity,
          specifically, to the Franciscan friar from Zanzibar currently finishing
          his PhD. in theology at the University of Illinois.

          He spoke at St. Mary of Lourdes a week or two before we left for JRRT
          2005. Zanzibar is 99% Muslim, 1% Christian. He and the Franciscans are
          building a hospital/school/community college that will, unless politics
          prevail, accept and teach all patients and students regardless of faith.

          Sadly, the recent troubles in Iraq and elsewhere have seen an influx of
          hard cases coming in from the north. The hitherto toleration the
          Catholics had enjoyed has begun to evaporate. He said two churches had
          been completely burned out by arsonist terrorists only this summer. Sad
          times.

          So that's where every penny of profit--if there is any; it cost us $150,
          $25 each, in '98 to shirt the world--from this Distributist adventure
          will go.

          And they'll be real cool shirts. Just ask Lynn Maudlin.

          Thanks & sorry for any offense caused,
          Mike

          Mike Foster wrote:

          >Sorry, Joan and all.
          >
          >Some in this group have fancied these shirts before. My apologies to
          >any offended. Thanks for the friendly reminder.
          >
          >Mike
          >
          >ftl_publications wrote:
          >

          >>This is a friendly reminder to please minimize fund raising requests.
          >>There have been some lately on this list. Unless the fund raising is
          >>for the Mythopoeic Society, please minimize these.
          >>
          >>Thank you.
          >>Joan
          >>Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator

          >>Yahoo! Groups Links

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Lezlie
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
            Sorry-- I'm doing a ot of relief right now & possibly got a bit
            carried away. Won't post again.
            Although PEN post wasn't asking for $$ but giving dollars to
            devastated writers. Thought maybe there might be one such here or
            someone here might know someone ... Jus' tryin' ta be helpful.... Lezlie

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "ftl_publications"