FINE KETTLE OF FISH 2005 WORLD TOUR TEE-SHIRT ORDER

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      Now taking orders for delivery by Oct. 23rd. Please order by Oct. 13 if
      you'd like one.

      Shirts will have
      a new Mr. N cartoon
      featuring the Bad Fish
      under a streetlamp
      with derby, cigar,
      and trenchcoat
      passing a brown paper bag with bottle
      to a befuddled Mr. N,
      who will be 50 years old
      as the Fine Kettle of Fish celebrate their 25th
      [or 43rd, depending on how you count it]
      Anniversary
      likewise on
      Sunday Oct. 23
      at the Peoria Pizza Works,
      official pub of the Far Westfarthing smial moots
      & visiting Tolkien scholars
      like Tom Shippey & Douglas A. Anderson.

      Back features 'A Fine Kettle Of Fish' in
      quite a few languages, incl.
      Quenya & Sindarin in both
      typescript & Tengwar runes
      [thanks, good Carl],
      Finnish, Welsh,
      four Dutch dialects,
      and many minnow more.
      Thanks again to all who helped

      We still could gladly make room for & use:
      Dwarvish
      Entish
      Gothic
      Tagalog
      if any
      reading this
      can help.

      Shirts will be 100% cotton Hanes Beefy short-sleeve tees,
      heather grey with Oxford/cobalt blue ink front & back.

      This is a Distributist break-even-or-don't-lose-too-much
      Fish venture.

      Cost will be about $10 for men's size S through XL
      $12 for XXL, $13 XXXL. Awaiting final word from our friends in Canton.

      Can deliver at Nashville C.S. Lewis conference at Belmont University
      Nov. 3-5 if any of you plan to be there. Otherwise will mail.

      Shipping will be $3 for one shirt to USA; please add $1 for each extra
      shirt. Covers mailer & USPS cost. Overseas shipping if any will be
      figured up case by case: England is cheaper than Switzerland & so on.

      Send payment to
      Fishy Tees
      c/o Mike Foster
      743 County Road 1200N
      Metamora IL
      61548

      Jo, She Who Must Be Obeyed, strongly suggests pre-payment.

      Shirts will be shipped to arrive in time for Hallowe'en

      If you would like one of these fine Fishy shirts,
      the fashion function dysfunction sensation at Tolkien 2005
      esp. the Lynnster in the '99 model,
      please E-mail your order to
      Mike Foster
      at address above with
      subject line
      FINE KETTLE OF FISH 2005 WORLD TOUR TEE-SHIRT ORDER
      by
      Thursday, 13 October
      5 p.m. CDT = 11 p.m. England/ 12 a.m. most Europe &c.

      So long,
      and thanks for all the Fish,
      Mike

    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
        If you can get me Klingon, Emerdavid old radish, we'll squeeze it in at
        the bottom.

        Kudos to both Parma Nole & Amon Hen for their vivid accounts of Tolkien
        2005.

        Cheers,
        Profoster Fishster

        David Emerson wrote:

> [...]
      • Carl F. Hostetter
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
          On Oct 6, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Mike Foster wrote:

          > Back features 'A Fine Kettle Of Fish' in
          > quite a few languages, incl.

          > We still could gladly make room for & use:
          > Dwarvish
          > Entish

          Quite impossible, I'm afraid.

          > Gothic

          I'd wait for Arden to check this out, but I'd suggest:

          _katils fagrs fiské_
        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
            Thanks, Carl & Arden & Co.