Garm?

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 11:29 AM
      Someone talking about another author on another list:

      >Rowen wrote of this author's wordplay:

      <<A couple of examples include a dog who
      barks "WAR! FEAR! FOES!" (recalling the 'dog haiku' from last year), >> ...

      Doesn't Garm bark those v same barks in FARMER GILES? Can somebody help me?
      I don't have a copy of the book handy.

      Mary S
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14 5:26 AM
        Mary wrote:

        ><<A couple of examples include a dog who
        >barks "WAR! FEAR! FOES!" (recalling the 'dog haiku' from last year), >> ...
        >
        >Doesn't Garm bark those v same barks in FARMER GILES? Can somebody help
        me?
        >I don't have a copy of the book handy.

        Garm says "Help! help! help!"

        Wayne Hammond
      • ERATRIANO@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14 6:18 AM
          In a message dated 05/14/2000 8:28:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

          << >Doesn't Garm bark those v same barks in FARMER GILES? Can somebody help
          me?
          >I don't have a copy of the book handy.

          Garm says "Help! help! help!" >>

          Didn't hte alarum in Hobbiton go Fear! Fire! Foes! Alert! or something like
          that?

          Lizzie
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14 10:35 AM
            In a message dated 5/14/00 8:19:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
            ERATRIANO@... writes:

            > Didn't hte alarum in Hobbiton go Fear! Fire! Foes! Alert! or something like
            > that?

            I think you may have it, Lizzie. Thanks to you and to Wayne.
          • LSolarion@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 20 8:55 AM
              In a message dated 05/14/2000 5:28:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
              Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

              << ><<A couple of examples include a dog who
              >barks "WAR! FEAR! FOES!" (recalling the 'dog haiku' from last year), >> ...
              >
              >Doesn't Garm bark those v same barks in FARMER GILES? Can somebody help
              me?
              >I don't have a copy of the book handy.

              Garm says "Help! help! help!"

              Wayne Hammond >>

              Perhaps Mary is thinking of the "Fear, Fire, Foes, Awake!" horn call of
              Buckland.
              Steve