Message from Ed Meskys

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2005
      Ed--founder of the [US] Tolkien Society that later merged with the
      Mythopoeic Society, and longtime member of our Board of Advisors--just
      sent me an email version of the latest issue (#36) of his apazine
      "Entropy." It's too long to forward, but HTML back issues are available at
      http://www.efanzines.com/ERM/. Because Ed is blind, he also distributes it
      via email. If any of you who have visual problems are interested let me
      know and I'll put you in touch. Might be of interest to Mythopoeic types.
      Some tidbits--Ed recounts seeking a bookseller's list offering VG copies
      of the 1st 13 issues of _Tolkien Journal_ (which later merged with
      Mythlore) for $250! No info on whether or not they sold....

      Also, an account from Nan Scott of donating photocopies of 11 Tolkien
      letters to Wheaton, and some other bits of interest to those who salivate
      about primary sources.

      Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
      Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
      San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)