The Golem, Methuselah, and Shylock: Plays by Edward Einhorn

  • Edward Einhorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hi,

      My new book of plays is out! Also, my new Oz book
      (The Living House of Oz) is out. The book of plays
      isn't quite as in line with MythSoc interests, but I
      thought some of you might be into it.

      Here's all the information:

      THE GOLEM, METHUSELAH, AND SHYLOCK:
      Plays by Edward Einhorn

      Three full length plays plus a one-act about legendary
      Jewish figures

      AVAILABLE NOW!

      Edward Einhorn blends absurdist humor with philosophy
      in these critically acclaimed plays.

      Golem Stories retells the legend of a clay man in 16th
      century Prague. Rabbi Loew creates a Golem to defend
      the Jews, but this Golem seems more interested in
      listening to the Rebbetsin's stories and falling in
      love with the Rabbi's daughter. Is he the reincarnated
      spirit of her murdered lover? Or does his childlike
      fa├žade hide the face of a demon?

      In The Living Methuselah, the world's oldest man has
      lived through the Flood, the Plague, Sodom and
      Gomorrah, Pompeii, and his own extremely poor
      judgment, thanks to his wife Serach, the world's
      oldest woman. Now age and a poor health regimen have
      caught up with him, and the doctor tells him he won't
      make it past the end of the play. Afflicted with every
      disease known to man, Methuselah fights on, flashing
      back in his delirium to former disasters and
      fantasizing about having handmaidens. Will he survive?
      It ain't necessarily so.

      Antonio says that Shylock was a capitalist. Jessica
      says that he was a Freudian nightmare. Tubal says he
      was a good Jew. Whom is Jacob Levy to believe? Perhaps
      Hamlet can guide him. Although this Hamlet seems to be
      a woman. In A Shylock, a mild mannered professor is
      taken on a tour of Shakespeare's Venice, as he tries
      to find his own answer to Shylock's legacy.

      And in One-Eyed Moses and the Churning Red Sea, Rabbi
      Tzipporah Finestein is having dreams that Moses is a
      pirate captain, battling Pharaoh on the high seas. Are
      they nightmares, or more? Two congregants may be the
      key to an answer.

      Trade Paper: $14.95, ISBN 0-9770197-0-5
      Hardcover (laminate): $24.95, ISBN 0-9770197-1-3

      Buy it online from Amazon, or send a check to Untitled
      Theater Company #61 at 2373 Broadway, #802, New York,
      NY 10024. Please include your address and $4.50 for
      shipping/handling (email us at utc61@... for
      shipping costs for more than one copy). Go to
      www.untitledtheater.com and click on Books for more
      information. To read a the first review of the book
      to be released, go to
      http://www.bookhelpweb.com/authors/einhorn/0977019705.htm

      Untitled Theater Company #61
      http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/5705