Re: [mythsoc] A Query on a Police Officer in Charles Williams

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21 2:00 PM
      From: "+Seraphim Joseph Sigrist" <ssigrist@...>

      > Hello...I am wrting a paper for a conference
      > in Moscow in October and am trying to remember
      > where in the novels of Charles Williams is
      > the place where a policeman remmebers that the
      > sermon the previous Sunday had been on the
      > words(in the Gospel of Mark) "What I say to
      > you, I say to all--watch!"

      My dear Bishop (which seems to be a Williams-y way to start out)

      The passage you seek is in War in Heaven, the last paragraph of chapter I.

      I hope this does not come too late. Please come back and let us know how
      your conference went; I should think Charles Williams might be very much to
      Russian tastes.

      Diamond Proudbrook