I just had to share this/and an invite to Mythsoc members

  • Bonnie Callahan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2005
      Hi all you Tolkien lovers:

      I was discussing this with one of my connections this week, and realized
      that....Hey, I can scan this in
      and send it out to all of you. it's a doll I bought in a little souvenir shop
      in Wales in 1975. I had
      read about how Tolkien used to watch the trains going to & from
      Birmingham/Wales as a kid, and
      developed an interest in Welsh. When I found this doll in 1975, I asked the
      sales clerk, "How is this name
      pronounced?" "Arwen", she replied.

      Also, for anyone in the Los Angeles area (TF already knows all about this!):

      "Hi Fellowshippies! This news from my contact woman Primula Baggins--
      as ever, you are all welcome.

      The Baggins Birthday party will be on Sunday, Sept.
      25th
      at Griffith Park, just downhill (east) of the
      Carousel.
      Starts at noon, lasts til 6PM. If you can, let me know
      the number in your party, and the food or
      drink you are bringing to share, etc. Costumes
      encouraged.
      Feel free to bring artwork, games, songs, music, etc.

      Bernie Zuber enjoyed this group's april gathering. He said
      it felt just like the Olden Days Early Mythopoeic events!

      Me, I love doing costumes again.

      Yrs,
      Bonnie,
      (who goes by "Prunella Reedmarsh" at times)"

      Hope some of you locals can make it!

      Best,
      Bonnie Callahan

    • Lezlie
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2005
        Well-- if you did scan in and send an image, this is what I have. Lezlie