Ringers

  • saraciborski
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2005
      Has anyone seen, or know anything about a documentary called "Ringers:
      Lord of the Fans"? It is a full-length documentary about the impact of
      LotR on popular culture for the last 50 years, released and shown at
      film festivals last spring, according to IMDb. It has rave reviews
      posted on Amazon, but if anyone on our list has seen it I would like to
      hear an opinion, before I order it. Is it fair, that is, does it
      conflate the book and the films, or does it sufficiently distinguish
      between them? Is it intelligent? worthwhile? important?

      I didn't check the archives--if this has already been discussed, sorry.

      Sara Ciborski